I'm Tania, a consultant who works with individuals, startups and other companies. I hold an MBA from one of the top 20 business schools in the US and a Computer Science degree from a reputable Canadian university, along with years of experience in technical and marketing roles in the tech industry.
I cover the whole spectrum of helping a brand establish and grow its presence in the market. And I believe that great service is marked by excellent customer service and the highest professional standards.
Check out the 'specialties' page to see my areas of specialisation and please do not hesitate to contact me for your web development and digital marketing needs.
My Resume (Click button to view but please contact me for the latest version)
My background is in the technology industry. I hold a BSc. in Computer Science. Before business school, I worked in various technical roles such as Service Desk Analyst, MS Access Programmer, Technical Writer, Tester and Web Developer.
Since gaining my MBA, I have worked on a number of marketing consulting projects for various companies such as Wingz (a growing startup, formerly known as Tickengo), Analytica (a consulting firm recognized by Inc. Magazine as the 63rd fastest-growing business in the US in 2015) and Hanesbrands Inc (a well-known clothing company). I worked for these companies in marketing, public relations, business development and other strategic roles.
I also work as VP Marketing for Beam Messenger, a client-turned-employer, as of 2015.
I love languages, traveling, writing and music. I am on a quest to learn to play the guitar! I
enjoy sports such as swimming, basketball and football (aka soccer). I have gotten into running the past few years. I really enjoy reading, and am glad to report that I have started reading fiction more regularly again.
Writing comes naturally to me. Generally, I prefer to write personal essays. However, as you will see in the offerings on my specialties page, I also write for business purposes. My business writing has appeared on marketing sites such as MarketingProfs Daily Fix and Sparksheet. Feel free to check out my blog for some sporadic thoughts related to being a marketer, strategist, web developer, entrepreneur and writer.
With both excellent technical and business qualifications and experience, you can rest assured that I will use a holistic strategy for your next project. My specialties are:
- Strategy and Digital Marketing
- Web Development
- Content Development
- Market research and analysis
- Positioning and other marketing strategy
- Business models
- Social media strategy, management and implementation (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, etc)
- Public Relations (developing relationships with press from scratch, getting coverage on top-quality media sites)
- Web Analytics including Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, HootSuite, Social Mention (similar to Radian6)
- Google AdWords, Facebook Ads
- SEO and SEM
- Content Management Systems (CMS) including Wordpress and Joomla
- Technical writing (user guides, software documentation, etc)
- Blog writing
- Email copy
- Press releases
- Business plan writing
- Investor presentations
- Notepad++, TextMate, Photoshop, GIMP, Visio, MS Project, Basecamp, Constant Contact, DB2, MySQL, Access, Excel (including Macro development), LAMP, XAMPP, PowerPoint, MediaWiki, DocuWiki, GIT, SVN, IDEs like Eclipse/Cloud9, Linux
- C, C++, Java, JSP, .NET, Perl, Scheme, Shell script, Smalltalk
Below are a few of my previous clients, along with a few web programming examples. Please note that I am currently accepting new clients.
A few below. The most recent is the top left (2013). The others were created when I used to do more programming than business/strategy, i.e. more than 5 years ago. Hence, the old styles for the sites. Click on an image for more information.